Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Beginning of the Journey

One more CCIE blog... WHY?


There is a plenty of CCIE-related blogs, but I decided to start my very own for personal reasons. I really hope, that:

  • blogging will help me to more deeply understand the topics of the exam (and remember them)
  • it will be useful for other CCIE candidates
  • practice in written English (English is not my mother-tongue) 
  • fun
Which track I want to pass?

I want to pass CCIE Service Provider track. The reason is simple - I like the topics of the exam and I'm working in the service provider market.

What is my plan?

My plan is to prepare for the CCIE SP Written Exam (350-029), after - take a lab exam in 6 months.

Why I want to pass this exam?

I don't work for Cisco or any Cisco partner, it's not a part of my IPM (individual performance management for this year), I already have a great job in the networking field - why I should do that? It's simple - I want to prove my knowledge and experience in neutral way, i.e. pass mostly respected IP technology exam (yes, I know about JNCIE).

Do I have other certifications in IP field?

Yes, I have. Maybe 5 or 6 years ago I have passed the CCNA/CCDA exams (was easy, actually). After that, I passed couple of other non-Cisco exams in IP field.

Do I have a family?

Yes, I have a family and my wife promised me full support. 

Let's start the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment